ASRAB supports the exposure and programming for a wide variety of recreation activities. The intent of ASRAB ‘active living’ programming, is to expose the blind and visually impaired participants to as many opportunities as possible to:
- Help our members find activities that they enjoy and contribute to their health and fitness
- Demonstrate the many activities that they can engage in socially with their friends and family.
The activities that ASRAB has offered recently include:
- Winter sports: cross country skiing, snow-shoeing, skating, blind hockey (including collaboration with Courage Canada)
- Indoor sports: rock climbing, yoga, gymnastics, hip hop adult dance, bowling, self defense, tai chi, and kick boxing
- Summer sports: lawn bowls, soccer, sailing, dragon boat, tandem cycling, camping trip with activities
- Running and walking programs: sight night Flaman Training Program, walking, urban hiking and running (in collaboration with Achilles).
ASRAB will investigate any Member suggestions for activities and programs.