Here is your at-home activity guide to keeping active and healthy!
Please find a list of activities you can complete to stay healthy mentally and physically at home.
1. Paralympians Send Messages of Hope for These Challenging Times
A new video clip of the Canadian Paralympic Committee (CPC) features perspective from Paralympians on the emotional challenges surrounding COVID-19 while reassuring Canadians there is a way forward.
2. Learn Some Creative Fitness Ideas with Lowell Taylor and Julie Taylor!
Need some more physical activity in your life? Watch a fun video with Julie and Lowell Taylor as they demonstrate a creative way to be active!
3. Described Lower Body and Balance Workout Set with Eyes Free Fitness!
Try a fun 20 minute lower body workout at home. Listen to the described movements and follow along. The Youtube Channel is called Eyes Free Fitness if you would like access to more described workouts.
4. Try a Workout with Judo Paralympic Athlete, Ricky Ties!
The United States Association of Blind Athletes has put together a Staying Fit While Staying Put online workout series! Each week a different Para Athlete will lead you through a workout! Check out episode 1 with Ricky Ties.
5. Join the Alberta Health Services Mental Health Text Program at No Cost
Alberta Health Services is providing mental health support through a daily text program to help with coping skills during this time. Through a set of daily messages, people receive advice and encouragement helpful in developing healthy personal coping skills and resiliency.
Text COVID19HOPE to 393939 to subscribe.