Hello, sight night participant,
In light of the recent Public Health State of Emergency announcement, and ever-changing Alberta Health guidelines around social gatherings, we have decided to pivot this year’s Sight Night Edmonton event to a virtual fun run.
Last year’s virtual event was very successful, with many individuals and communities walking, cycling, and running their way to success.
While we would like to be together again this year, it is more important to keep each other safe.
Together, yet apart
- Join us online for the LIVE warm-up and race start on Facebook Live – Sat. Sept 25, at 7 pm on the Facebook page (linked below).
- Gather your household members (or if you live alone, gather two close friends) and walk, run, cycle, dance, or move your way to support each other and Sight Night Edmonton.
- Post your videos and photos on social media, tagging us using: #sightnightEdmonton #ABBlindSports
Our goal is to promote awareness and raise pledges and donations for the Alberta Sports & Recreation Association for the Blind (ASRAB). ASRAB supports competitive sport and active recreation activities virtually and in-person for Albertans with sight loss throughout the year.
Participate, Pledge, Donate
- You will receive a Sight Night race bib and a swag bag of awesome items, including a braille medal, headlamp, glow items, and product samples.
- We are giving prizes for those who raise the most funds and appear to have the most fun! Make sure to post your race photos on social media – all you need to do is use the hashtags to enter!
- Our Running Room registration site will remain open until midnight on Sunday, Sept 26 www.SightNightEdmonton.ca
Participant Package Pick Up
In Edmonton — Curbside pickup
- Thursday, September 23 from 5-7 pm at the 109 Street Running Room
- Friday, September 24 from 5-7 pm at the 109 Street Running Room
- September 20 – 24 — Porch pick up in St. Albert (e-mail to confirm this option — email@example.com)
Outside of Edmonton — We will mail your package to you. Please be sure your Running Room profile has your current mailing address.
Thank you to so many who support Sight Night Edmonton.
- Presenting Sponsor — Flaman Fitness
- Elite Sponsors & Donors, Accessible Media, Running Room, Beverly Optimists, Endura Esterer Scholarship Fund
- Local Promo Sponsor — GlobalTV & 630CHED
- Community Partners — Isaac Physiotherapy, Granger, Killarney Community Patrol
A heartfelt thanks to you for supporting our goals and being part of our community. More than 60 volunteers work hard at each Sight Night Edmonton event to make it a safe and fun experience. We will miss your hard work and smiles this year and will stay in touch for next year. So far, we have 78 runners and walkers who have committed to walk and run after dark… vision optional.
I look forward to seeing you online, reading your comments, watching your videos, and smiling at your photos on social media. Remember to join Facebook Live on the SightNight.Edmonton page, Sat. Sept 25 at 7 pm for the event kickoff.
If you have questions, please contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for supporting Sight Night Edmonton and the work that ASRAB does for people with sight loss. Stay active! Stay safe! Stay healthy!
On behalf of the Sight Night Edmonton Organizing Committee