↓ Skip to Main Content
ASRAB Goalball Athletes
sight night Calgary 2021
sight night Edmonton 2021
sight night Red Deer 2021
Become a Member
Make a Donation
Board of Directors
Bylaws, Policies and Reports
Online Membership for Adult (18+)
Online Membership for Adult (18+)
NOTE that the ASRAB membership is annual, and is valid January 1 – December 31 each year. Members must re-apply annually.
Individual - $15
Family - $30
Volunteer - no fee
Date of Birth: Month
Date of Birth: Day
Date of Birth: Year
Medical Condition / Allergies
Are you visually impaired?
If Visually Impaired - Condition?
Emergency Contacts (Please list 2 if possible)
Contact 1 Name
Contact 1 Relationship
Contact 1 emergency phone number
Contact 1 other phone
Contact 2 Name
Contact 2 Relationship
Contact 2 emergency phone number
Contact 2 other phone
Involvement with ASRAB
Please check if you are an athlete.
Please list sports
Please check if you are a volunteer.
Please list events
Please check if you are a coach.
Please list level / sports
Consent and Agreement of Terms
CONSENT FOR USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION AND PHOTO RELEASE
2. Furthermore, I grant permission to ASRAB to photograph and/or record the Member’s image and/or voice on still or motion picture film and/or audio tape, and to use this material to promote ASRAB through social media and traditional media such as newsletters, websites, television, film, radio, print and/or display form. I understand that I waive any claim to remuneration for use of audio/visual materials used for these purposes.
3. I understand that I may withdraw such consent at any time by contacting ASRAB’s Privacy Officer. The Privacy Officer will advise the implications of such withdrawal. This consent is obtained in accordance with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act and the Canadian Anti-Spam Legislation.
*ASRAB does not sell or distribute your personal information to any other third party not listed herein. *
By checking here, the Parties are consenting to the use of their electronic signatures in lieu of an original signature on paper and agree to the terms described in paragraphs 1 - 3.
Electronic Signature Consent
4. I give permission to the ASRAB to make decisions concerning the Member’s emergency medical care and treatment, and where necessary to authorize such care and treatment.
5. I hereby give my permission to the licensed physician, dentist, athletic therapist, nurse or other medical professional whose services might be required to provide emergency medical care and treatment to the Member.
By checking here, the Parties are consenting to the use of their electronic signatures in lieu of an original signature on paper and agree to the terms described in paragraphs 4 - 5.
Electronic Signature Consent
ACCEPTANCE OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS
In consideration of the acceptance of the Member’s membership in the ASRAB, I agree that the Member will:
6. Abide by the policies, rules and regulations of the ASRAB.
7. Sign a Release of Liability, Waiver of Claims and Indemnity Agreement (if the Member is 18 years old or older) or have the Member’s parent or guardian sign an Informed Consent and Assumption of Risk Agreement (if the Member is 17 years old or younger).
8. I have read, I understand and I accept the terms and conditions stated herein and I acknowledge that this agreement shall be effective and binding.
By checking here, the Parties are consenting to the use of their electronic signatures in lieu of an original signature on paper and agree to the terms described in paragraphs 6-8.
Electronic Signature Consent
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS AND INDEMNITY AGREEMENT (FOR PARTICIPANTS 18 YEARS OF AGE AND OLDER)
WARNING! By signing this document you will waive certain legal rights - including the right to sue.
1. This is a binding legal agreement. Clarify any questions or concerns before signing. Prior to participating, an individual who is the age of majority or older and who wants to participate in the activities, programs, classes and services provided by, and/or in the events sponsored or organized by the Alberta Sports and Recreation Association for the Blind may include but is not limited to: competitions, tournaments, practices, training, personal or strength training, dry land training, training using machines or weights, nutritional and dietary programs, orientational or instructional sessions or lessons, and aerobic and anaerobic conditioning programs (collectively the “Activities”) must acknowledge and agree to the terms outlined in this agreement
2. The Alberta Sports and Recreation Association for the Blind (ASRAB) and its directors, officers, members, employees, coaches, volunteers, officials, trainers, instructors, agents, and representatives (collectively the “Organization”) are not responsible for any injury, personal injury, damage, property damage, expense, loss of income or loss of any kind suffered by a Participant during, or as a result of, the Activities, caused in any manner whatsoever including, but not limited to, the negligence of the Organization.
Description and Acknowledgement of Risks
3. I understand and acknowledge that
a) The Activities have foreseeable and unforeseeable inherent risks, hazards and dangers that no amount of care, caution or expertise can eliminate, including without limitation, the potential for serious bodily injury, permanent disability, paralysis and loss of life
b) The Organization may offer or promote online programming (such as webinars, remote conferences, workshops, and online training) which have different foreseeable and unforeseeable risks than in-person programming
c) The Organization has a difficult task to ensure safety and it is not infallible. The Organization may be unaware of my fitness or abilities, may misjudge weather or environmental conditions, may give incomplete warnings or instructions, and the equipment being used might malfunction
d) (COVID-19) The COVID-19 disease has been declared a worldwide pandemic by the World Health Organization and is extremely contagious. The Organization has put in place preventative measures to reduce the spread of COVID-19; however, the Organization cannot guarantee that I will not become infected with COVID-19. Further, participating in the Activities could increase my risk of contracting COVID-19
4. I am participating voluntarily in the Activities. In consideration of my participation, I hereby acknowledge that I am aware of the risks, dangers and hazards associated with or related to the Activities. I understand that the Organization may fail to safeguard or protect me from the risks, dangers and hazards of the Activities, some of which are listed below. The risks, dangers and hazards include, but are not limited to:
a) Health: executing strenuous and demanding physical techniques; physical exertion; overexertion; stretching; dehydration; fatigue; cardiovascular workouts; rapid movements and stops; lack of fitness or conditioning; traumatic injury; sprains and fractures, spinal cord injuries, bacterial infections; rashes; and the transmission of communicable diseases, including viruses of all kinds, COVID-19, bacteria, parasites or other organisms or any mutation thereof
b) Premises: defective, dangerous or unsafe condition of the facilities; falls; collisions with objects, walls, equipment or persons; dangerous, unsafe, or irregular conditions on surfaces; extreme weather conditions; and travel to and from the premises
c) Use of equipment: mechanical failure of the equipment; negligent design or manufacture of the equipment; the provision of or the failure by the Organization to provide any warnings, directions, instructions or guidance as to the use of the equipment; failure to wear safety or protective equipment; and failure to use or operate equipment within my own ability
d) Contact: contact with equipment, vehicles, or other participants; and other contact that may lead to serious bodily injury, including but not limited to concussions and/or other brain injury or serious spinal injury
e) Advice: negligent advice regarding the Activities
f) Ability: failing to act safely or within my own ability or within designated areas
g) Cyber: privacy breaches; hacking; and technology malfunction or damage
h) Conduct: my conduct and conduct of other persons including any physical altercation between participants
i) Travel: travel to and from the Activities
j) Negligence: my negligence and negligence of other persons, including NEGLIGENCE ON THE PART OF THE ORGANIZATION, which may increase the risk of damage, loss, personal injury or death
5. In consideration of the Organization allowing me to participate in the Activities, I agree:
a) That when I practice or train in my own space, I am responsible for my surroundings and the location and equipment that I select
b) That my mental and physical condition is appropriate to participate in the Activities and I assume all risks related to my mental and physical condition
c) To comply with the rules and regulations for participation in the Activities
d) To comply with the rules of the facility or equipment
e) That if I observe an unusual significant hazard or risk, I will remove myself from participation and bring my observations to a representative of the Organization immediately
f) The risks associated with the Activities are increased when I am impaired and I will not to participate if impaired in any way
g) That it is my sole responsibility to assess whether any Activities are too difficult for me. By commencing an Activity, I acknowledge and accept the suitability and conditions of the Activity
h) That I am responsible for my choice of safety or protective equipment and the secure fitting of that equipment
i) (COVID-19) That COVID-19 is contagious in nature and I may be exposed to, or infected by, COVID-19 and such exposure may result in personal injury, illness, permanent disability, or death
Release of Liability and Disclaimer
6. In consideration of the Organization allowing me to participate, I agree:
a) That my physical condition has been verified by a medical doctor to participate;
b) To remove myself if I sense or observe any unusual hazard or unsafe condition; or feel unable or unfit to safely continue;
c) To ASSUME all risks arising out of, associated with or related to my participation;
d) To WAIVE any and all claims that I may have now or in the future against the Organization;
e) To freely ACCEPT AND FULLY ASSUME all such risks and possibility of personal injury, death, property damage, expense and related loss, including loss of income, resulting from my participation in the activities, events and programs of the Organization; and
f) To FOREVER RELEASE the Organization from any and all liability for any and all claims, demands, actions, damages (including direct, indirect, special and/or consequential), losses, actions, judgments, and costs (including legal fees) (collectively, the “Claims”) which I may have or may in the future, that might arise out of, result from, or relate to my participation in the Activities, even though such Claims may have been caused by any manner whatsoever, including but not limited to, the negligence, gross negligence, negligent rescue, omissions, carelessness, breach of contract and/or breach of any statutory duty of care of the Organization.
g) To FOREVER RELEASE AND INDEMNIFY the Organization from any action related to my becoming exposed to or infected by COVID-19 as a result of, or from, any action, omission or negligence of myself or others, including but not limited to the Organization
h) That the Organization is not responsible or liable for any damage to my vehicle, property, or equipment that may occur as a result of the Activities
i) That negligence includes failure on the part of the Organization to take reasonable steps to safeguard or protect me from the risks, dangers and hazards associated with the Activities
j) This release, waiver and indemnity agreement is intended to be as broad and inclusive as is permitted by law of the Province of Alberta and if any portion thereof is held invalid, the balance shall, notwithstanding, continue in full legal force and effect
7. The Parties agree that in the event that they file a lawsuit against the Organization, they agree to do so solely in the Province of Alberta and they further agree that the substantive law of the Province of Alberta will apply without regard to conflict of law rules.
8. I acknowledge that I have read and understand this agreement, that I have executed this agreement voluntarily, and that this agreement is to be binding upon myself, my heirs, spouse, children, parents, guardians, next of kin, executors, administrators and legal or personal representatives.
By typing in your name below and clicking the “I Agree” icon, you agree to be bound by this Legal Agreement.
Printed Name of Participant
Indicate you are not a Robot by entering any two digits.
This box is for spam protection -
please leave it blank
Tweets by @ABBlindSports
IMPORTANT UPDATE on sight night Edmonton
Sight Night Edmonton is almost here!
Sight Night Registration is now Open!
Cheer on our ASRAB Goalball Athletes at the Paralympics!
ASRAB’s Upcoming Programs – Calgary
ASRAB’s Upcoming Programs – Edmonton
Alberta Sports & Recreation Association for the Blind
Web Site by