October 1 – 17, 2020
You can register now: www.events.runningroom.com/site/16869/
- $15 for children and $40 for adults until September 15 (early bird rates)
- $20 for children and $45 for adults until October 17.
All money raised goes directly to ASRAB and supporting sport and recreation opportunities for blind and visually impaired Albertans.
We encourage everyone to help ASRAB in raising funds for sight night! Please use the Pledge Form to collect pledges (tax receipts can be issued for donations over $20) from your family, friends, colleagues, neighbours … anyone that can assist us in supporting sport and recreation opportunities for persons with a vision impairment. We look forward to a successful sight night!
Virtual Walk or Run
This year we are putting our most innovative foot forward, and gathering our supporters virtually! This is a walk/run for all ages and experience levels – you choose the route! All you have to do is lace up and head out your front door! Run your neighbourhood streets; run your park (safely distanced, that is); run your country roads! We invite you to join us on this journey; and go the distance for our athletes!
Run or walk your chosen distance anytime between October 1st and 17th and make sure to post a photo on our social media pages using the associated hashtags for each day. Or send us an email with your photo and we can post for you.
Sight Night Virtual Run and Walk – Theme Days
October 1 – Event Day Kickoff
October 2 – Team Appreciation Day
October 3 – Sight Night Edmonton
October 4 – World Guide Dog Day
October 5 – World Teachers for Visually Impaired Day
October 6 – National Coaches Day
October 7 – Physical Literacy
October 8 – Team Appreciation Day
October 9 – World Sight Day
October 10 – Sight Night Red Deer
October 11 – Team Flaman Fitness
October 12 – Family Day
October 13 – Goalball
October 14 – Volunteers
October 15 – Blind Hockey
October 16 – Team Appreciation Day
October 17 – Sight Night Calgary
Register – www.sightnightrun.ca
Each participant will receive a headlamp and a braille medal.
Each participant will receive a headlamp and a braille medal. Register before September 15th in order to receive your swag on time.
Past Honorary Chairs
- Past sight night Calgary 2019 – Honorary Chair Ruby Soliman
- Past sight night Edmonton 2019 – Hayden McMullen
- Past sight night Edmonton 2018 – Honorary Chair – Carrie Anton
- Past sight night Edmonton 2018 – Co-Chair Hayden McMullan
- Past sight night Calgary 2018 – Honorary Chair Shabu Hussein
- Past sight night Calgary 2017 – Honorary Chair Zachary Abdalla
- Past sight night Calgary 2016 – Honorary Chair Tiana Knight
- Past sight night Edmonton 2016 – Brieann Baldock
- Past sight night Calgary 2015 – Honorary Chair Paul McKnight
- Past sight night Edmonton 2014 – Lorne Webber